· The basis of the contract is the proposal form.
· Premiums must be paid upfront before commencement of cover.
· Premiums form the basis or the consideration for indemnity.
The insured is covered and indemnified against his legal liability for actual and physical loss of or damage to goods or merchandise directly caused by fire and or accident to the vehicle registered under the number stated in the schedule whilst such goods or merchandise are actually transported in the said vehicle on condition that:
· Fire or accident has arisen on account of negligence of the insured.
· Such damage or loss has been caused due to negligence or criminal acts of the insured’s servants.
· That the vehicle is damaged by fire or explosion or accident.
· That a claim in respect of the motor vehicle thereof is admitted under motor comprehensive insurance policy covering the vehicle.
The cover will commence with the loading of cargo on the vehicle and will be in force until unloading of the cargo at the discharging point or expiry of seven days after the first arrival of the vehicle at the destination town which ever may occur first.